Saturday, September 02, 2017

Ben Nevis

Ben Race time, near 500 lined up in Claggan Park, nice and sunny with hint of a breeze. Felt fine along the road to Achintee, onto the tourist path ran where I could, round windy corner slowed a bit, same across the scar path to the Red Burn, stopped for a drink then straight up steep grassy slopes then the Red Burn screes where the leaders started careering back down. Gradient started to ease and running again, not enough drive, fantastic views from the summit. Took it steady on the way down, working my way round each of the runners I managed to catch, only a couple passing me. From the Red Burn back down the Scar Path to rejoin the tourist path, careful on the rocky steps. Not much energy left on the road back from Achintee, finishing a few minutes slower than last year. My 13th in 14 years.



Good race, hope to be back next year.


Sgurr a'Mhaim and Stob Bhan from Glen Nevis


New bridge at Glen Nevis Visitor Centre



No comments: