Sunday, October 04, 2009

Horseshoe Race Sun 4th Oct

It was always going to be a hard one after yesterday's Ben Venue race but looked out the curtains to a sunny blue sky day. First off at 10 then watched and waited until my start. Set off along the main streeet towards Balloch, not too fast, felt ok.

The first climb starts in the middle of Balloch and undulates upwards for about 2 miles up onto the Horseshoe at Ballagan. The next couple of miles are almost flat then a gentle descent followed by a short steep climb up to the Tee junction and turn for home. A runner passed me near the top of the climb and then it felt like I was going backwards for the next mile or so. Only after the highest point on the route did I get any drive back into my legs.

The next couple of miles have some steep downhill parts before returning into the Vale at the bottom of Auchencarroch road, a mile or so to go and with my first look at the watch realised I had 8 1/2 mins if I was to sneak under 80 minutes, no chance, tried to push it but still ended up over 81 minutes.

Tea and biscuits to finish in the sun, photos here, as usual we runners get the best of the day.

No comments: