Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spoilt for choice

Struggled to get up this morning, it's been a hard week. I couldn't make my mind up on the route for my run, decided on Luss Hills, about 12 miles and 4 hours of undulations, the last part would be new as the last time I tried it I bailed out in a low cloud and snow whiteout. Finally managed to leave the house about half an hour late, driving along I saw this.....


A quick change of plan and about turn to Ben Lomond. Arrived at a busy Rowardennan car park, full of people harnessed to various shapes and sizes of Huskies. They set off up the hill before I was ready. Started out nice n easy until I caught up with the canine train and just had to pick up the effort to get passed. Onto the open hill with a few groups of hill walkers ahead, picking up the pace as I approached each group trying to ignore the oxygen debt until I got passed. Impending implosion meant I had to ease back the pace and finally managed this across the plateau. Into the snow just before the steep climb up to the summit ridge, picked my way up, the path seemed to attract the snow, a couple of feet deep in places. Onto the ridge and the nice clear top pictured from Duck Bay earlier had disappeared into the mist.


Paused for a quick drink at the top then picked my way back along the snowy ridge and down to the plateau. Steady run along the plateau then some fun on the steep rocky track as it drops down towards the loch. Finished in 2 hours 20. A few pictures here

No comments: