Sunday, June 17, 2018

Bridge of Orchy to Glencoe

Last nights hope of a clear day turned out to be false, set off for the Clach Leathad Traverse from the Bridge of Orchy Bunkhouse about 9:30 along the WHW to Victoria Bridge, there the route goes up over the hills above Black Mount, should have been Stob Gabhar, Clach Leathad and Meall a Bhuiridh, low cloud and switching off my GPS as I left Stob Gabhar meant I took a wrong turn and came out in Glen Etive, very scenic but left with a long road run to get to the Glencoe Ski Centre where my bag was being left.


Turned left along the farm road to the Old Schoolhouse then up the trail beside the Allt Toaig into Coire Toaig. Past Corein Lochain and up into the mist over the Aonach Eagach ridge to Stob Gabhar.


From there managed to come down Sron a Ghearrain instead of Aonach Mor. Met a few deer and a lot of frogs. I realised where I was and decided to continue down to Glen Etive instead of the turning back and up to try and find Aonach Mor.


Following a series of scenic rivers and glens down to Glen Etive, these might not be there much longer, hydro schemes are proposed for this  and another two or three similar glens nearby. Very scenic run back up the glen, an extra hour or so running on tarmac to finish in just over 7 hours wasn't what I needed. More pictures here.

No comments: