Saturday, March 30, 2024

Nearly Beinn Ime

First run in Arrochar for a while, taking the easy route up the walkers paths as they zig zag slowly upwards. Past the Narnain Boulders to decision time at Bealach A'Mhaim. Which way to go, Cobbler, Ime, Narnain or two or all three, I wanted to do all 3. Decided to try Ime on its own as I am not at my fittest and had struggled a bit on the run up. Steady trudge up the path into the clouds, a little snow at first, gradually increasing until about 500' from the top I was in a white bubble, sky merged into ground, I could get my compass out to stay on track or turn back, I was moving a bit slow and getting cold so I turned back, easy run back to the top of the zig zags where I took the path that traverses across the front of Narnain and found an old quad bike track we used to take to avoid the zig zag and block paths, good end to the run with easy running on this grassy track.

Ime from Bealach A'Mhaim

Into the snow

Across Glen Croe from Ime

Narnain from the boulders

Buttermilk burn

Loch Long from quad bike track


   

No comments: