Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Whangie Whizz Wed 26th April 06

One of the best wee hill races, great introduction for anyone wanting to give it a go. Big field tonight with good runners at the front, Scottish Champs & former World Champs. Biggest turnout I've seen for this race reported to be 150 with a big Millie contingent.

Conditions just about right, cool, dry & bright, paths generally good with some mud - oh good - and the usual boggy bits - even better!

Having a good run until the 1st junior tried to pass me, they had set off 2 mins after us, quickly elbowed my way back in front of her, luckily the juniors turned back early & I could ease back before implosion! Time better than last year but about a minute down on my best, still pleased with the effort apart from the run back to the style where I suddenly realised I was able to breathe ( = not trying ) .

No comments: