Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ardmore Sun 8th Nov

Another long run this weekend, my New Balance 913's having done a shocking 700 miles I was only running if I got new shoes. So after traipsing round 6 of Glasgow's so called sports shops on Saturday I came home armed with a pair of old model Nike Pegasus 2S's dragged out from the back of shop number 6 from the unsaleable shoe pile.

Sunday morning and bargain shoes straight out the box we set off for 15 or so miles along the Kipperoch to Cardross, down Peel Street over the railway line to the shore and a nice muddy circuit of Ardmore before the up and up undulations of the Red Road past the Black Third farm and over Stoneymollen to the Vale.

Shoes ok for my first non New Balance Road Shoes in a few years, cheapish they may have been but when you take in lunch at Tiso's, juniors two hats and a belt from Burton's and celebratory tea in Cucina's maybe they weren't so cheap after all. That said they didn't make my sair legs any mair sair and apart from being a wee bit tired new shoes have again saved the day.

No comments: