Saturday, March 24, 2012

Luss Hill Run

Navigation run today, the plan was to start up Beinn Eich at the top of Glen Luss then go a new route anticlockwise via Cruach an t-Sidhein, Beinn a' Mhanach, Beinn Chaorach and Tharsuin overlooking Glen Fruin dropping back into Glen Luss off Coille Eughain Hill. Parked at the top of the Glen and set off into low cloud finally popping out the cloud near the top of Beinn Eich.



Ran along the ridge down into the cloud contouring to the left of Beinn Lochain to save some energy. As I reached what I thought was Creag Tharsuinn before the next climb the sound of gunfire from the MOD range encouraged a change from the planned route which skirts the range. Didn't fancy missing a turning in the cloud and running into some wargames. Sat down for 10 minutes to see if the cloud was going to clear, no change so about turn and climbed up to the top of what I hoped was Beinn Lochain, soon back above the cloud and pleased to be where I thought. Continued my run round to Doune Hill then dropped into Sith Mor and the stiff climb to the top of Mid Hill, by then the cloud had gone leaving a hazy sunshine. I would probably have been ok but I'll leave that run for another day. Finished the 9 miles and 4000' in just under 4 hours. Some more pictures here.

No comments: