Saturday, July 14, 2012

Arrochar Hills

Made up for missing the Arrochar Alps race last week with a run over three of them, Vane, Ime and Narnain, 13 miles and 6500' of ascent. Trail run for 4 miles to start taking me up into Glen Loin and Coiregrogain. Through the bog at the bottom of Vane then the path gets drier as I climb up.



Quite atmospheric today, shafts on sunlight breaking through the clouds as they blow about in the gentle breeze. Good line off the back of Vane, footprints from last weeks race as I go down and these continue over Ime and Narnain. I find my usual ridge to start the climb from Lag Uaine up Beinn Ime then pick up a race trod SE of my usual line, more direct climbing up beside a crag I usually go round, saves me about 5 minutes.


Good running straight down to Bealach a'Mhaim, only Narnain to go, about half way up I traverse NE to a parallel path, a bit steeper but avoids some of the boulders.


Past the trig point and scramble down through the Spearhead onto the twisting and turning path back to Succoth. Washed the mud off in the Jacuzzi, jogged back to the car, just over 5 hours. A few more pictures here.

No comments: