Saturday, August 15, 2020

Glen Douglas

 Run round the three hills, wanted to take in the minor top Monadh Tigh Na Lairich with its trig point on Tullich Hills North ridge as well. Beinn Bhreac to start, good climb, about 1800' in under 1 1/2 miles, up into the cloud, from the top followed the fence line turning north to Ben Reochs top as the fence line dropped back down towards Loch Lomond, South West next dropping into the glen before the climb up Tullich Hill. Plan was for a rising traverse, West to start then North, made it onto the ridge, poor visibility made things difficult, after a wander about I came across a small cairn, not the Trig point I was looking for, gave up and headed to Tullich Hills top. My Strava trace reveals the small cairn was Tullich hills top, so I visited it twice! Think I'll wait for better weather or maybe take a map next time. Finished in  about 3 1/2 hours.


Beinn Bhreac

Ben Reoch

Arrochar

Tullich Hill, 1st time

Tullich Hill, second time :)


My car is down there


No comments: