Saturday, April 01, 2023

Birnam Hill Classic

First race in the Scottish Hill Runners 2023 Championship, one of the 2 short races, I ran it in 2011 & 2015. After a short road section steep up on a twisting path through trees to a peaty craggy top, the descent steep, rocky and muddy at first then a stoney track before a mile or so of undulating track back through the forest to finish. Cool and dry, good for running. The big field was split in 2, Ladies and older Vets first, the rest half an hour later. I ended up in the second group, on the first climb there was only 3 or so behind me, got past 3 on the way up then 3 on the way down, when they put all the results together I had an ok place, 238/297.

At least this guy waited for me at the finish 

Race started at Beatrix Potter Garden in Birnam


No comments: