Saturday, July 11, 2026

Luss hill run

Wanted to try some of the hills at the top of the glen, difficult parking so parked at the bottom of the glen and cycled up to the end of the tarmac and chained up the bike. Planned route was Beinn Eich and Lochain, across to Cruach an t Sidhein, back via Beinn Chaorach on the other side of the glen. Up Beinn Eich into thick mist, about 30 or 40 metres visibility, it was warm , not much wind a bit like being in a sauna. Over the top and along to Lochain, paths quite difficult to pick out, from Lochain to CATS no paths and with little visibility soon gave up returning to Lochain, ran along to Doune Hill, paths ok then turned back the way I came over Lochain and Eich, at the bottom of Eich turned up the farm track and across to the bottom of the ridge from Chaorach, the one I should have come down, made up some of the miles I lost, the clouds were now rising and I could see the col between Lochain and CATS just under the cloud base, would have been easy to miss it in the clag.










No comments: