Thursday, April 29, 2010

Whangie Whizz

My 9th go at this short Bog and Burn race, a slight course change from lollipop to figure of eight thanks to a new fence. About 140 set off up the slope from the Queens View car park, take the first climb steady with a wee push to book my place in the crocodile along to the Whangie. A couple of enthusiastic runners managed to pass me before I settled down and could join in with a bit of queue jumping myself. After the Whangie a sharp left up onto Aucheneden Hill for a nice run down to the road, further along than usual so right turn and then right again to pick up the usual route to the trig point. At the Trig we ran straight on towards the radio mast before cutting down a steep drop to the style and the usual sprint to finish under 38 mins. Felt a more runnable course with the route back to the style less risky than the narrow rocky path.

No comments: