Sunday, June 05, 2011

Yetholm

The 3rd race from this years SHR Championship, this was my second as I missed Slioch, nearly missed this one as well, I forgot my shorts and lost 30 minutes finding a shop in Stirling with anything resembling shorts that I could run in. Made registration in Town Yetholm with a minute to spare. Classed as a medium race, 8 miles with 2500 feet of climbing, The route alternates between clockwise and anticlockwise, last time I ran here was in 2005 when it was clockwise, this time anti. Typical rolling borders hills, on the way out we went over Staerough, Sunnyside, Wildgoose and Latchley Hills, then up the biggest climb, the Curr, from the Curr we ran back via the Pennine way, past Black Hag along Steer Rig over White Law before an undulating grassy descent back to the start. No major climbs and no rocks or boulders to contend with. Finished just under 1 hour 34 about 20 seconds quicker than 2005.

No comments: