Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kilpatrick Hill Race

Just made the start arriving straight from work for this bog and burn favourite, 6 miles and 1400 feet of climbing. A bit midgie for tonights 99 runners. Tarmac to start before a steady climb up the Kilpatrick braes, on top progressively faster running across the moor as I catch my breath then onto a landrover track covered in chuckies, sore on my feet so I kept to the side, past loch Humphries then onto moorland again a few ups and downs, one fall, don't step on wet rock at speed,  to a narrow tricky trod alongside Greenside reservoir, the short climb up the slacks feels hard but you can jog most of the top half if you don't look up. Past the trig point and I can breathe again, over fences and ditches then running hard downhill towards the steep drop back to the dreaded foot slapping tarmac to finish in 65 mins.

No comments: