Monday, October 01, 2012

Blusstery

Luss horseshoe run, an early start today as I wanted to be back before 1, Beinn Dubh, Mid Hill, Sith Mor, Doune Hill, Beinn Lochain and Beinn Eich, 12 or so miles and close to 5000' of up and down. Climbing Beinn Dubh I am working hard but getting cold in the high winds, there's a sheltered spot before the top and I stop to put on a second jacket, hat gloves and a buff and just try to keep moving forwards. Reach the top in about an hour.



Running along the ridge towards Mid hill is a bit of a struggle into the wind, keep going to try to warm up my feet. The path winds round the corries and past the small cairns before the tussocky run off Mid hill into Sith Mor the wind whipping through from Glen Douglas. As I approach a crag on the way down some deer run across in front of me, 2 adult females and a fawn, too fast for my camera, I look up as I pass the crag and a Stag peeks over about 10 feet above me then jumps back startled. Across Sith Mor and into the sun for the climb up Doune Hill, I stick to smoother ground away from the stream which tumbles from the lochan at the top, more exposed here and the wind strengthens again as I climb up. A few squally showers blow through as I reach the top the rain needle like on the side of  my face. Blown along the ridge over Beinn Lochain the wind now at my back gives me a welcome shove on the last climb up Beinn Eich.



Jog down into the calm of the Glen and the last couple of undualting miles on the road, pleased to finish in 4 hours 15. A few pictures here.

No comments: