Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tinto and a Duathlon

A new race for me, Tinto is about 4 1/2 miles with 1500' of ascent. We set off at 2 pm up the track. Runnable at first then the undulations put me into jog walk mode up most of Totherin Hill, we bypass the top, running again around its flank through Maurice's Cleuch before the gradient puts me in my place, another walk, I gradually pick up pace towards the top of Tinto reaching it in just over 35 mins, I run round the large cairn eager for the descent realising the winner has finished a few minutes ago. Easy running down over the red felsite rock Tinto is made of wary of the frequent muddy patches preferring to go off path onto the heathery stuff at the side. I manage to pass a few people on the way back which helps to make up for my slow climb. Descent time about 14 mins, pleased to finish just under 49 mins, 163rd out of 259. Pictures here and here.

Sunday was the 2nd last race in this years Club Grand Prix, another new one, a Duathlon, a 4 mile run round the Vale then 8 miles on the bike on Auchencarroch Road, finished in 71 minutes, 6th out of 14, 31 minute run, 40 minute cycle, pictures here.

No comments: