Sunday, April 28, 2013

Glen Douglas

Set out for Glen Douglas this morning and a run over the three 2000' hills to the North of the Glen road. Stiff climb up from Invergroin to Beinn Bhreac, muddy path to start then dries out above the forest. A number of blind summits try my enthusiasm, rather windy at the top, I drop a few feet down on the Loch Lomond side to shelter. The next couple of miles take me along to Ben Reoch into the teeth of a gale with some rain and hail thrown in to cool me down. Seriously windy again so another shelter on the LL side. Back over the top and I drop down towards Tulloch Hill, the wind funnels through Ant-Sreang and I'm getting cold. Find shelter and get my extra thermal and thicker gloves on, that and a couple of sweets makes all the difference, happy again and  I trot off down the hill before the last climb up Tullich Hill. On the way up the Sun starts to break through and I climb up on to the ridge earlier than planned. Tullich has three summits and I visit the highest two. I can see the next wintery squall is on its way and run back down to Invergroin before it hits. Just under two hours 50 for the 6 or so miles with 3400' of ascent. A few pictures here.

No comments: