Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beinn Dubh

A new race in place of the Whangie, 4 miles and 2000' of ascent. I have run up here often, times ranging from 46 minutes to over an hour to get to the top. My pre-race target was up in 40, down in 20 and finish under the hour. The race starts in a field just across the A82 from Luss. 91 of us set off, I start at the back and jogged up, losing ground through the first field then gradually picking people off as the hill bit into their enthusiasm. Kept the jog going past half way, walked some boggy parts and again as it gets steeper towards the top before managing to run the last few hundred yards reaching the top in just over 38 minutes, round the cairn and freewheeling back down, I pass a couple then two others pass me on the steep drop towards half way down, I work hard along the flat closing the gap ahead and overtake a few as the path drops down again, can't catch the guy who passed me near the top, I clatter down the rocky path and into the slippy field at the bottom to finish 64th just inside 53 minutes.

No comments: